Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm back :)

I decided to make a personal blog again, so I can post things about my personal life (mainly pics of the kids for friends and family). I read so many blogs at night, so I definitely have the time to keep up with my own :P

I'll start with a project I've been working on...

I went out the other day, to find a chair. Not just any chair, had to be wooden, have a cushion, and sort of unique. I couldn't find one. Granted, I only looked on Craigslist and Goodwill, but still, out here there aren't many places to find things :)

So I pull into my driveway, and what do I see? A chair sitting next to my neighbor's bulk trash on the curb! She had a whole bunch of stuff she was getting rid of, but I had my eyes set on the chair. It's dark green, and has a sunflower carved into the back of it with a REALLY ugly cushion. I don't know how you can even call it a cushion, because it was hard as a brick. And detached from the wood. I'll save you the gory details, but the chair wasn't in good condition. Didn't matter. It was mine.

I went to Hobby Lobby today to get fabric, batting, and paint. I have maybe the most brilliant idea in the world, and I'll see tomorrow if it can come to fruition! I already did the seat cover over, complete with batting (and let me tell you, this is now one fluffy chair), and I have to do a few more coats of paint on the wood and attach the cover. I am completely stoked! I initially wanted to use it as a newborn photography prop, but it will stay in my living room as a decorative piece until I can find a small glass table to sit next to it. Anyway, I can't believe how much I'm rambling on my first post, so I'll stop for now, and continue tomorrow with pics of my project adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment